Early Bloomers
While the east coast is still in the throws of its version of “spring”, Seattle is starting to come alive! Consecutive sunny days have become a norm with temperatures reaching into the 70s!!!!! It is particularly enjoyable because I work outside…and the majority of my hobbies are outside based. However, I look back on the tumultuous weather of Rhode Island fondly. Why you ask? Well, it was always a conversation starter around the office for one. And secondly, it makes me appreciate the temperate climate I find myself in a lot more. Also, the summers in Rhode Island were well worth the suffering.
Anywho, I thought it would be nice to introduce you to a few plants in bloom here! I work very closely with these babies and have planted countless specimens. These are all native shrubs to the PNW:
| Flowering-red Currant, Ribes sanguineum |
| Salmonberry, Rubus spectabilis |
| Indian Plum, Oemleria cerasiformis |
These blooms make me so happy!! When I snapped the red-flowering currant picture, bees were-a-buzzing, already to work pollinating. And the salmonberry provides delicious fruit that I like to forage for on hikes (:
Anything in bloom in Rhode Island yet??
Comments
Post a Comment