Becoming a Nonna Again!!
So,
it’s pretty common knowledge that I work a lot.
It’s a good time in my life to focus on work because I really have few
personal responsibilities and can power through trying to make some progress to
save money for that elusive, stage-in-life called “retirement”.
However….this
year I have an upcoming event which will happily take my focus away from work…I
will become a grandmother to Christina and Matt’s first child. I am
soooo excited for the arrival of “Baby G”. It’s not just an emotion I feel; it’s an
overall, all-consuming mental, physical and spiritual experience.
You
know those annoying stories about someone’s mother pestering her kids, “So,
when are you going to make me a grandmother?”
Luckily, I didn’t have to annoy Christina and Matt very much because
they both wanted a baby as much (or more—interpretation is up for grabs!) than
I did.
I
think my joyful anticipation is not only motivated by the happiness I
experienced as a mother, but also interconnected in an almost primal condition
to see your blood line continue. As I’ve
grown older, the focus has changed. It’s
not so much on managing all that adulthood and parenthood demands, but on
establishing an understanding of “Why am I here?”
This
question leads to LOTS of other questions…most likely to be topics for future
blogs, but, in regards to being a grandmother, it encourages me to ask myself, “How
can I contribute in a positive way to this new life?” “What will I see in Baby G which reminds me
of me, Christina, my parents, etc.” “How
will seeing the world through the eyes of Baby G awaken all the wonder those
little things in life offer us each and every day?”


Baby G!!!! Such a good fill in name as we wait patiently for their arrival!!! I loved reading about your perspective (:
ReplyDelete