Passover Tradition
Happy Sunday to you all! Although I am sad that I cannot
join in on the Easter festivities today (I got a sneak peek of Nonna’s Easter basket),
I thought I would write a quick post about how I had my own celebration last
night for Passover! It was the “Second Annual Seder in Seattle” at the
Gutierrez/Sherman household. No – I have not converted to Judaism – but this is
a tradition that I adopted from spending many a Passover at Kahlia’s. They were
always so much fun, with so much amazing food and storytelling. I knew that
when Dan and I moved out to Seattle I wanted to continue celebrating this
special evening, so I led my first Passover in 2018 with Colin and Katie as our
guests. It was so much friggin fun!!! After it was over, I was already excited
for the next one.
This year’s Seder was highly anticipated, we also expanded
the invitation to a couple other friends for a total of 7 people around our
table. The only hitch was I had to work in the morning until 2pm so I was
frantically trying to ready the house and prep food the night before!
The Menu~
Matza Ball SoupBrisket!
Israeli Salad w/ Cottage Cheese
Charoset
Matza
Kinish
Happy to report
that Dan and I succeeded and the evening went very smoothly. We even spruced up
our living room and dining room with some new curtains! I love how hosting makes me
motivated to get shit done around the house!!
Another fun part of Seder is when we look for the Afikoman! It's a piece of Matza that is taken from the middle of the Matza pile at the table and hidden near the beginning of the evening. Colin is the king of finding perfect hiding spots, and if you have a few minutes to kill, enjoy this video of all of us searching frantically whilst calling Colin an asshole for being too good. This is just the first two and a half mins of a ten-minute search!!! (Katie was victorious).
Once again, Passover was a night to remember! Delicious food,
lovely company, and a favorite tradition. I hope that one day I will be able to
host all of you for a Passover!!!
Love you all so much!

Comments
Post a Comment