My Luck
Hellllllooo family! Wow, this week has tested me. Although the weather has been AMAZING in Seattle, my luck has not fared as well. By now you all have heard that my backpack was stolen out of my work vehicle. I was conducting a vegetation survey at one of our parks and away from the van for about 30 minutes when some assholes broke two windows and nabbed it. My cards, license, backpack, keys, sense of security, and faith in human decency were taken. It’s seriously so disappointing how low people are capable of sinking. Stealing an item from a well-marked van of an Environmental nonprofit is not a winning quality.
Luckily, everything that was taken is replaceable and there has not been any activity on my cards or any red flags with my credit score. However, I hate that these things are going to weigh on my mind for some time. Just because some opportunistic criminals saw something that they wanted – I have to spend my time and energy setting up defenses that may not even be necessary. For instance, on Saturday Dan and I had our locks changed in the event that the thieves that took my backpack had the gall to rob our apartment. They did have my keys and address… so it was a possibility. I will be relieved when some more time has passed and nothing has gone too horribly wrong.
If anything, I learned to NEVER leave my possessions unattended and I also think I will start just having my keys on me at all times or leave them locked up in my office. I also filled out my first police report... sooooo that was cool.
Such a fun way to start off the weekend, I know! At least Dan and I were able to enjoy a free theatre show, “Nina Simone: Four Women”, at the Seattle Repertory Theatre and squeeze in a hike on Sunday. I am also happy I got to talk to you all on Sunday! I wish I could have been there to celebrate all of you! The best current and future mothers I know.

Throwback from Lake Wenatchee, with my poor backpack ):
Comments
Post a Comment