Our first anniversary!

This Sunday Matt and I celebrated one year of marital bliss. Well, most of the time it's blissful! Reflecting back on all that's happened in the past year makes me so grateful and happy. I feel truly blessed to have married someone who is so loving and supporting and who I get along with so well. I say this to him all the time but Matt really is my best friend. (Sorry Jules, you are too!!)

On Sunday morning we woke up leisurely, as we usually do. I made blueberry waffles for breakfast. While we were eating I was thinking back on the morning of our wedding and remembering getting really nervous around 10:00. Luckily that's when Kelsey said "It's time for mimosas!" which definitely helped ease my anxiety a bit.

After getting ready Matt and I headed to Newport for the day in the convertible with the top down. (Thanks Mom!) It was gorgeous and sunny on our drive down, we had some country music on the radio (Matt's choice) and we felt pretty cool. We stopped at A Market to get some picnic foods and proceeded on to Ocean Drive, stopping at Brenton Point for a picnic. One of our wedding gifts was an awesome picnic backpack with everything in it which we got to use for the first time. We laid on the blanket and enjoyed our spread, toasting to our anniversary with some Bubbly (the soda, not champagne haha). It started to get a little windy and fog was rolling in but we didn't mind because it was perfect kite flying weather! There were quite a few people who had the same idea.

After picnicking and kite flying we drove to Ocean Cliff where we sat on the lawn and enjoyed a drink, my first glass of wine since finding out about Baby G. I figured it was a special occasion and he wouldn't mind. Unfortunately the visibility was terrible but the wine was delicious!

We ended the night downtown and after walking a little bit ended up having dinner at The Black Pearl. The food was terrific. I had a filet mignon and Matt had scallops, which we split to create our own surf and turf. Dessert was a pistachio creme brulee which was creamy and so enjoyable.

After finishing dinner we shopped a little bit but ultimately decided there was no place we'd rather be than our little house with Maebelle so we headed home. It was a wonderful anniversary, the first of many. We both feel so lucky to be in such a good place in our lives with so many supportive people around us! Love you guys!

As far as pregnancy updates I had an OB appointment today which went great, everything looks good. I got to hear the heartbeat on Doppler again which is always an awe-inspiring thing. Like I can't believe I'm growing a little human inside of me! And he's definitely growing and moving! On Saturday night it felt like he was doing backflips in my belly.







Comments

  1. Happy first anniversary! That fourth pic is profile quality - you look so pregnant it's blowing my mind!!! And that dress is so cuteeeeee!! I'm glad you had a fun, relaxing day in which you did exactly what you wanted. Sounds like the best way to spend an anniversary to me! <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment