Why Did the Turkey Cross the Road?
Hellllooooooooooo to my family across the state! How is everyone
doing? This is going to be a short post about the random neighborhood Turkey in
West Seattle. So about a month ago, there was a post on the West Seattle blog
about two peculiar birds that had been spotted. A golden pheasant and turkey
were on the loose! And although you might think that the more flashy bird would
get all the attention, you would be mistaken. For some reason, the Turkey has
gained a level of notoriety we could only dream of.
| Haha |
In fact, it has a comical amount of posts on the local blog (link:
https://westseattleblog.com/?s=turkey ) and has become something of a celebrity. So
it was super exciting when the Turkey came to our street. My first sighting was
just a glimpse – Dan and I were on our way to something I can’t remember, and
when we passed our driveway there it was. The infamous Turkey had decided to
grace us with it’s presence. I yelled something
like “Oh my God! Dan!!!! It’s the TURKEY!!” Our neighbor was in the back and I excitingly
shouted at him to witness the majestic creature. As Dan and I drove away, I
thought I wouldn’t see the Turkey again. But that was only sighting number one.
Soon, Turkey sightings were almost a daily occurrence. The fact
that some psychopath put feed on the sidewalk might have had something to
do with the routine visits. People are nuts.
| See the feed??? |
About 2-3 weeks in the Turkey began to lose its
charm, however. The excitement waned, indifference grew. I saw the Turkey as
recently as yesterday, gobbling away. Maybe it is here for the long
haul…? Here's a gif for good measure.

Humorous post Nicole! Reminds me of a funny experience of a turkey running past me at the snug harbor house. I couldn't get over the feeling he needed arms/wings b/c he was running so fast!! Still makes me chuckle!!
ReplyDeleteI love the turkey pictures and gif! So funny. I’m somewhat unimpressed as I frequently see a multitude of turkeys on RI roads, particularly near my dad’s house. But I can understand why Turkey in the City is more exciting. Love and miss you!
ReplyDelete