A Return Trip 38 Years Later

I think most of you know, during my junior year at Ithaca College, I studied abroad for a semester in Vienna, Austria.  I went with my best friend in college, Lisa Passero, and we had the time of our lives.  We knew we were having the time of our lives and gave thanks every day for all the experiences we were enjoying. 

While Vienna was where we attended school @ IES ~ Institute of European Studies, Lisa and I traveled from Greece to Norway and every country in between (except Poland--too dangerous at that time).  We also visited Russia during our Spring Break.  We hitchhiked, back-packed, took trains, planes, boats--we earned our Travel Badges for sure.

Well....Lisa and I are planning to attend a Vienna IES Reunion in April 2020.  We have our flights and hotels booked!!  While in Europe we will travel to Venice and Cinque Terre, finally flying out of Genoa. 

It's been 38 years since Lisa and I traveled together!!!  In 1982 we were young, single, trusting and at times a little reckless.  The world was a different place then...no Aids, no bombs going off in European cities or trucks plowing into crowds of pedestrians.

So...what will this trip be like? I can't say for sure.  But I do know each day will be an adventure, an opportunity to immerse myself in every experience possible.  I have lived longer than I have left to live....I recognize this fact and take its implications seriously.  I want each experience to be an opportunity to learn and to progress...so I leave a gift of sorts to those I love.  I hope you can enjoy this adventure along with me!


Top photo is skiing in Bormio, Italy.  Headband Duo photo was taken in Prague.  I certainly aim to make a better fashion statement in 2020!!

Comments

  1. Ahhhhh! This is so exciting!! I can't wait for you to live life to the fullest in Europe!! Make sure you recreate at least one of these gems - I vote for a new and improved headband pic in 2020

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So exciting! I can't wait to see pics and live vicariously through them on your European adventure! Seeing Tia Lisa was so nice, she's a riot and I'm sure you guys will have a great time!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment