Its Been a Minute
I can not believe that the last time I posted was in July!?! So much has happened since then, and I was thinking about the blog the other day and figured I should give a little update. Maybe even get back into the habit of writing... but I shouldn't get ahead of myself.
The past couple of months have gone by extremely quickly and huge life events have transpired. The first thing that comes to mind is that I am now a TIA! And although I have only met Greyson as a belly baby, I am coming home in a mere 18 days and am planning on spending all of my time holding him and kissing him. I have 3 months to make up for! I also can't wait to see my sister as a mother and my momma as a Nonna (for the second time). Being across the country, it kind of all feels surreal. I obviously know it is real but video chatting and calling are not the same a real-life interaction. So needless to say, I'm so freeeekin excited.
Hmm what else? I married my best friends (twice) in some beautiful outdoor ceremonies, I started a certificate course, and I got me some bangs!
I know I have already told bits about the Colin and Katie ceremony x2 but I'm going to tell you again 😬 The first ceremony, aka the real one, was in late August. I remember feeling very uncertain about what my job was and what I was going to say. Obviously, my job was to marry them but I had never married anyone before! Also, a couple days before the date I found out that Colin had written about 5 pages of vows that he was going to read! Which was amazing, but I also knew that whatever I said had to be short and sweet. It all worked out in the end - I got a little bossy and made them do a rehearsal the night before haha - but it really went off without a hitch. Katie was so beautiful, we all cried, and the conditions on Mount Vesper were ideal.
This was not a one wedding deal. The next wedding date was also gorgeous and Dan and I got to meet Colin and Katie's familias. This wedding ceremony was also a lot more structured and both Colin and Katie cut down their vows substantially. I also used a completely different "speech" so we kept it fresh haha.
My certificate course has been going well - I haven't talked about it all that much, but it is super interesting. It is also cool to see the University of Washington Campus as I had never wandered over there since moving to Seattle. I'm happily on break now and will start up the second semester in January.
Ok, now for the exciting bangs news. I still have them and do not regret them haha. Trimming them is a pain, but so far, so good. They also came in handy for my Halloween costume when I dressed up as Fleabag. Nailed it!
Love you all! Can't wait to see you this Christmas!🎄
The past couple of months have gone by extremely quickly and huge life events have transpired. The first thing that comes to mind is that I am now a TIA! And although I have only met Greyson as a belly baby, I am coming home in a mere 18 days and am planning on spending all of my time holding him and kissing him. I have 3 months to make up for! I also can't wait to see my sister as a mother and my momma as a Nonna (for the second time). Being across the country, it kind of all feels surreal. I obviously know it is real but video chatting and calling are not the same a real-life interaction. So needless to say, I'm so freeeekin excited.
| He's toooooo cute and I'm obsessed |
Hmm what else? I married my best friends (twice) in some beautiful outdoor ceremonies, I started a certificate course, and I got me some bangs!
I know I have already told bits about the Colin and Katie ceremony x2 but I'm going to tell you again 😬 The first ceremony, aka the real one, was in late August. I remember feeling very uncertain about what my job was and what I was going to say. Obviously, my job was to marry them but I had never married anyone before! Also, a couple days before the date I found out that Colin had written about 5 pages of vows that he was going to read! Which was amazing, but I also knew that whatever I said had to be short and sweet. It all worked out in the end - I got a little bossy and made them do a rehearsal the night before haha - but it really went off without a hitch. Katie was so beautiful, we all cried, and the conditions on Mount Vesper were ideal.
![]() |
| Katie's so excited to get married tomorrow! |
![]() |
| Laughs and cries were had |
This was not a one wedding deal. The next wedding date was also gorgeous and Dan and I got to meet Colin and Katie's familias. This wedding ceremony was also a lot more structured and both Colin and Katie cut down their vows substantially. I also used a completely different "speech" so we kept it fresh haha.
My certificate course has been going well - I haven't talked about it all that much, but it is super interesting. It is also cool to see the University of Washington Campus as I had never wandered over there since moving to Seattle. I'm happily on break now and will start up the second semester in January.
Ok, now for the exciting bangs news. I still have them and do not regret them haha. Trimming them is a pain, but so far, so good. They also came in handy for my Halloween costume when I dressed up as Fleabag. Nailed it!
![]() |
| I feel the need to point out the apron - I hand painted it haha |
Love you all! Can't wait to see you this Christmas!🎄





Such a good read!! And love the photos...of course, u know which one is my favorite!! :) Am beyond excited to see u...the best Christmas present eva!! Xxoo love u wwwsm!!
ReplyDelete